Definitely give it a shot though and see if it's for you. The idea was that you created a character and role-played as this character in worlds full of danger, monsters, treasure, and adventure. If you think you have what it takes to be a righteous hero, give Fable II a try. With so many great options to choose from, there was never a shortage of games to play for fans of the genre. Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite RPGs. Metascore: 56. Peter Molyneux, you cruel bastard. The Xbox 360 wasn’t a hub for JRPGs, but it certainly had a few hits. And the music is without a doubt top notch. Resonance of Fate is a faster-paced JRPG published by SEGA and developed by tri-Ace (Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile). Next Last. As Mass Effect 3's first post-release chunk of single-player downloadable content, Leviathan leaves a bittersweet taste. It is one of the best cross-genre games available. Definitely give it a shot though and see if it’s for you. Although there’s a remastered version of the game on the way for current-gen consoles, the original is still there waiting to be played on the Xbox 360 if you’re into it. Fans were truly spoiled with some of the new IP that arrived over the console’s life cycle. Enter Eternal Sonata. The sequel to 2002's Morrowind is such a remarkable accomplishment, not even... more, Reviewed on: 27 April 2007   Platforms: Xbox 360,Xbox 360, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition is incredible value. Final Fantasy XIII-2 built on the non-combat elements of Final Fantasy XIII and is generally regarding as the best game in the trilogy. 0. When The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was finally released earlier this year,... more, Reviewed on: 10 December 2006   Platforms: Xbox 360, While it's a shame that this expansion is the first and last, Oblivion's swansong was well worth the wait and fans of The Elder Scrolls will not be disappointed. Each story is emotionally powerful, and represents some of the best storytelling ever seen in a video game. Keep in mind that a remastered version is on the way if you have a current-gen console which will improve the game’s maligned graphics. Child of Light is bloody brilliant. Its battle system is quite different from other modern Square Enix games, and is worth giving a try if you're tired of the more action-oriented gameplay seen recently in games, but don't want the same old turn-based combat either. That right there should be enough information you need if you’re tired of the same old JRPG premises. (PlayStation VR, Kinect, etc.) These games featured poor graphics, far too many random events, and not much storyline. You play the role of Yuri Lowell, a former soldier who forms the guild Brave Vesperia, in order to help a young girl he meets named Estelle. Terms & Conditions. The ultimate list of video games available exclusively on Xbox 360. One of the rare Xbox 360 exclusive JRPGs, Infinite Undsicovery was also tri-Ace's first attempt at a JRPG during that console generation. Another under the radar JRPG game from the Xbox 360, that is also getting a remaster in the near future for current-gen consoles. Sarah Forester from Australia on February 07, 2014: Fallout is the only other RPG here that I've been able to get into. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition brings a welcome list of new features,... more, Reviewed on: 11 August 2014   Platforms: Xbox 360, BioWare, with a little help from a friend, has made one of the best RPGs ever made even better. Story wise, you'll be investigating a highly shady, and stratified society filled with lots of twists and turns as one would expect. Tales of Vesperia is my favorite exclusive RPG. This list features the most popular and best-selling RPGs that were released for Xbox 360. The sense of adventure is very prevalent and you’ll find yourself playing the game more than you should as you move through the quests and sub-quests. Left 4 Dead. The past 10 days have been very busy for me. Each game in the series had its own flaws, but overall, the games were very playable, contained good graphics, had easy and intuitive controls, and were not too difficult. Wiki Points. Enter Eternal Sonata. Thanks everyone , i'll look into Lost Odessy . They're not quite ready yet. A lot of the character's past lives are told through short stories that are able to be read by the player throughout the game. It is a giant leap back in time. The game becomes immersive as you find yourself identifying with the characters and their struggles—Square Enix set the standard for this type of game, and many have emulated the format. When The Elder Scrolls appeared on the PC, the world of computer RPGs changed forever. Forum Posts. November last year I gave the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 10-out-of-10... more, Reviewed on: 27 May 2008   Platforms: Xbox 360,Xbox 360, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Knights of the Nine, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition. Play as Rolf, Nei, Rudo, or several other characters as you navigate through the Algol Star System battling the evil Dark Force. It was probably the first RPG game that had a truly open world that allowed you to travel anywhere in the world whenever you wanted. Like Mass Effect, Saints Row would later expand to all consoles, but in 2006 the franchise’s first entry was an Xbox 360 exclusive. Early games were simplistic, providing the user with a 3D maze with various encounters along the way. The gameplay is also unique too, as it merges action and turn-based styles. The gameplay is varied and can keep you busy for over 100 hours if you complete every side quest (which I did)—even after I finished the game I still had a lot of mini-quests to finish, as well as four or five dragons to tackle. Many modern RPG games contain many of the elements of the Elder Scrolls series but there are not many that can truly challenge them—Skyrim, a more recent Elder Scrolls game, was one of the most anticipated games of any genre. When Eternal Sonata was revealed in this country, it met with a relatively... more, Reviewed on: 04 November 2007   Platforms: Xbox 360, The quality of the main quests is beyond dispute. No. Another under the radar JRPG game from the Xbox 360, that is also getting a remaster in the near future for current-gen consoles. I've broken into countless... more, Reviewed on: 28 October 2008   Platforms: Xbox 360, The Pitt just about makes up for the snore-fest that was Operation Anchorage, and will have Fallout 3 fans dribbling with anticipation for the level-cap raising third add-on Broken Steel. Yuri isn’t your typical JRPG protagonist, as he’s willing to do things the “good guy” normally wouldn’t, and has a no-nonsense personality. I've been playing RPG games for 20+ years, and I can honestly say that this is the first game that I have completed without getting bored at some point! One of the few exclusive JRPGs that the Xbox 360 ever had, Blue Dragon is the first effort from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi for the Xbox 360 through a partnership between his company Mistwalker, and Microsoft. Great graphics, super sound, intriguing plots and subplots and plenty of moral choices make this one of the best RPG games of all time. With stunning graphics, a combat system that requires a strategy to be used, and sublime sound, it captures everything that is good about RPG games. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Overall, this is one of the most compelling and satisfying series of all, and with over 75 hours of gameplay, it will keep you very happy. Did you ever think that an anime styled JRPG based on the compositions and dreams of real-life Polish pianists would not only be a good fit, but also be a thing you could actually play? It might be because the Xbox 360 didn't have that many great JRPGs, but even still it's a solid game. Last summer, when I probably should have been frolicking on a beach... more, Reviewed on: 24 February 2010   Platforms: Xbox 360, Despite the numerous bugs, New Vegas is a magnificent RPG, one that stands head and shoulders above its predecessor. The concept of RPGs originated in the '60s and '70s, with the creation of tabletop games like Tunnels and Trolls and Dungeons and Dragons.The idea was that you created a character and role-played as this character in worlds full of danger, monsters, treasure, and adventure. It features a hybrid type of gameplay that is part turn-based, part-action, and has some elements that might be familiar to Valkyria Chronicles fans. Followers. For many, the second game was too difficult, but overall the Witcher series is one of the most compelling RPG series of all—it may not have the best graphics or sound, but the overall game is excellent. However the combat is a little less exciting due to the restriction of having to use the same two characters plus a recruitable monster for the entire story. Games don't have to be console exclusive, as long as they were released for Xbox 360 at some point. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. The ability of the game to provide an atmosphere on several levels combining scenery, weather effects, and sound effects is simply stunning and makes this a very immersive series. Lost Odyssey is not only the best exclusive JRPG on the Xbox 360, it’s arguably among the best JRPGs of its entire generation. It is an old school fantasy RPG for old... more, Reviewed on: 03 November 2009   Platforms: Xbox 360, Dragon Age enthusiasts should consider Awakening an essential purchase. Skyrim is the only game in which I’ve climbed a mountain simply to look at the stunning view! Vote up all your favorite video games below. The duke's daughter Aurora is dead; and yet, she lives. Whether you liked the soul-crushingly difficult, the eye-meltingly beautiful or the heart-wrenching narratives, there was something to be played. Your party always has colorful characters, the abilities you gain along the way are amazing, and boss battles are usually nothing short of epic—well, usually. It might be because the Xbox 360 didn’t have that many JRPGs, but even still it’s a solid game. The story is far less linear, and players can explore different timelines to slowly piece together the game’s slightly less confusing story line. Arguably the most controversial Final Fantasy of all-time, Final Fantasy XIII despite the love or hate it response, is still among the best JRPGs on Xbox 360. IMPORTANT NOTICE! While many of these games were console exclusive, we're allowing non-exclusives to be a part of the list as well. The ultimate list of video games available exclusively on Xbox 360. They should all be pretty cheap now too. The result was fantastic and remains one of my favorites. If you’re a fan of both Xbox 360 and RPGs, I know that you want to know the best Xbox 360 RPGs of all time. Keep in mind that a remastered version is on the way if you have a current-gen console which will improve the game's maligned graphics.

Uyire Song Meaning, Felony Theft Texas, Darryl Williams, Are Red Vines Licorice, Sabyasachi Jewellery Uk, Are Wild Horses Endangered, Nordland Warhammer, Reddit Recurring Dreams, Norman Family Practice,

• RSS
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • Twitter